Servings: 8 main dish
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
- 16 Ounces Elbow Macaroni
- 6 Cups Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3/4 Tablespoon Salt
- 1/8 Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Feshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups (8 Ounces) Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, chopped
- Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat overn to 375 degrees.
- In large saucepan, cook pasta as label directs.
- In 4-Quart saucepan, w/ wire whisk, mix milk, cornstarch, salt, and netmeg until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking frquently, until mixture has thickened slightly and boils. Boil, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in Parmesan until cheese has melted and sauce is smooth.
- Spoon pasta into a 13″ X 9″ baking dish. Pour sauce over pasta and stir to thoroughly mix. Sprinkle cheddar, bread crumbs and parsley over top. Bake until cheddar has melted and mixture is hot and bubbling, about 25 minutes.